How does your Next Day Delivery service work in Europe?
Good news - we now offer Next-Day Delivery* to all the countries listed below.
Know what you're looking for?
- Delivery is available Monday - Friday on our Next-Day Delivery service.
- You'll need to place your order before the cut-off time for your country to receive it the following day. Orders placed after this time will be delivered within 2 working days.
- We don't deliver at weekends, so orders placed after your local cut-off time on Friday and before your local cut-off time on Sunday, will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed after the cut-off on Sunday will be delivered on Tuesday. You can see a full list of the cut-off times for each country listed below.
- We don't deliver on public holidays, so your order will be delivered on the next working day.
- If you’ve placed multiple orders on the same day using the same delivery method, your orders may be shipped in one parcel. If the tracking link in your shipping confirmation emails is the same, your orders have been sent with one of our delivery partners and will be arriving at the same time. You’ll be refunded for any additional delivery charges you’ve paid for if we have combined your orders.
- €20.00 - Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Romania.
- €15.00 - Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Luxembourg.
- There are some postcode exclusions - if Next-Day Delivery isn't available to your delivery address, you won't be able to select it as an option at the checkout.
- Once your order has been shipped from our warehouse, we'll send you an email with your tracking link so you can keep an eye on its progress.
- You can also access your tracking information through My Account.
- Our delivery partner may require a signature on delivery - we recommend choosing an address where someone will be available.
- If you're not in when your order arrives, you'll be left a card telling you how to rearrange delivery or collection.
Just one more thing...
We aim to meet these delivery times but during busy periods (including sale) deliveries may take a little longer. Occasionally tech updates to our systems or force majeure events, such as extreme weather conditions, will mean that these delivery services aren’t available, or that order cut-off times need amending and/or delivery times need to be extended. However, we will always work hard to keep these temporary changes to a minimum. ASOS cannot be held liable for any parcels that are lost or stolen as a result of any specific delivery instructions left for the carrier.