Payment, Promos & Gift Vouchers
How does Pay later with Klarna work in the UK?
Pay Later with Klarna is a payment method which allows you to buy now and pay later, meaning you only have to pay for the items that you keep.
Got a question about Klarna?
Who can use Pay Later with Klarna?
When can it be used to place an order?
How do you pay using Pay Later with Klarna?
When do you have to pay for your order?
Having trouble using Pay Later with Klarna?
- Customers over the age of 18.
- Customers with a billing and delivery address registered in the UK.
- Klarna will perform soft searches with credit reference agencies, on application to use the payment method, to determine if you are eligible. These soft searches do not impact your credit file, either at application or if a payment is missed or late, and are only visible to you and Klarna.
Pay Later with Klarna gives you extra flexibility when paying for your order as you're able to pay within 30 days. If you choose to pay using Pay Later with Klarna, please remember to spend responsibly – sometimes, delaying or splitting up payments might not always be the best option. We want you to shop with confidence, so we’ve provided all the info you need below.
- When placing an order in GBP on our UK website.
- You can't buy ASOS gift vouchers using Klarna. If you have a gift voucher and you're spending more than its balance, you can pay the outstanding amount using Pay Later with Klarna.
- There's no minimum spend - simply add the items you love to your basket and head to checkout.
- When you get to checkout, click ‘change’ under payment type and select ‘Add New Payment Method’.
- Enter your card information.
- Confirm your date of birth.
- Click 'Place order'.
- Confirm the phone number linked to your ASOS account and enter the 6-digit verification code sent to you via SMS.
- Klarna will send you an email within 2 days of your order being placed with payment instructions.
- You'll have 30 days to complete the payment online. You can pay at your convenience, with no extra cost via credit or debit card.
- You'll receive a reminder two days before your payment is due, and you'll also receive email reminders.
- If you do not pay for your order on time, you may no longer be able to access Klarna’s payment options for future purchases
- If a payment is late, Klarna will contact you over a period of several months to try and arrange repayment of the outstanding balance. If after a period of several months you have not repaid, Klarna may use a debt collection agency to recover the outstanding balance.
If you have any trouble placing an order with Klarna, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Klarna may have rejected your application to pay on account. We'd recommend choosing another type of payment or placing an order for a smaller amount.
- Klarna may not have been able to check your details using the billing address that you've provided. You'll need to make sure that your billing address is the same address that your bank/credit cards are registered to.
- You may have outstanding payments on previous Klarna statements. Once these are paid off, try Pay Later with Klarna again. If you've recently paid off outstanding statements, please allow 24 hours before trying to pay through Klarna again.
- You may have missed a required field at the checkout, such as filling in your Date of Birth.
- If you haven't used Klarna before and you're shipping to a different address to your billing address, the payment may be declined.
To find out more about returns paid for my Klarna, click here.
Just one more thing...
Klarna are an independent payment provider and ASOS have no influence over whether your payment with Klarna is accepted or not. If you have any trouble with your order, please contact Klarna Customer Service.