STYLE. GROOMING. INSPIRATION. ADVICE.
HOW TO MAKE RAW HEM JEANS
By Sam Higgins, May 19, 2017
1. Take the jeans you want to trim, put them on, and roll the cuffs up to the desired new length.
2. Use a pen to mark the bottom edge of each rolled cuff.
3. Remove the jeans and turn them inside out.
4. Turn the pen mark into a complete line across the width of each jean leg, front and back (use a tape measure to make sure it’s straight).
5. Cut along each line with scissors.
6. Pull at the now-raw hems with your fingers, making the frayed edges more prominent.
7. Keeping the jeans inside out, use a needle and thread to add a few stitches along the seam of each leg to reinforce the structure.
8. Finally, turn the jeans back the right way around and pair with some classic Reeboks for a fresh summer-ready look.