How does US Express Click & Collect Work?
The basics of Express Click & Collect
- Delivery takes 2 business days (Monday-Friday)
- Orders must be placed before 3pm EST to arrive within 2 business days
- Express Click & Collect costs $10 but is free when you spend a certain amount. Click here and enter your address to find out the threshold for free 2-day Express Shipping
- Get free unlimited Express Shipping with our Premier Delivery service at just $19 for a year. Premier subscription prices may vary based on promotions offered. Click here for more details on Premier Delivery
- Click the 'Click & Collect' tab at checkout and enter your address to 'find a collection point' near you
- Depending on the items in your basket, Click & Collect may not be available. This is because some brands are shipped from a different warehouse where this option is unavailable.
- Certain brands may be subject to additional delivery restrictions
Tracking your order and what happens on delivery day
- Delivery is fully trackable
- We'll send you an email with your UPS tracking reference once your order has been shipped
- You can also track your order by going to your orders in 'My Account' and clicking 'Track Order'
- To collect your package with UPS you'll need your UPS tracking reference and your ID. For Nordstrom stores you’ll need your ASOS confirmation email and photo ID.
- Your package will be held at the collection point for 5 business days at a UPS collection point and for 8 business days at a Nordstrom store. After this time, it'll be returned back to ASOS.
Just one more thing....
*We aim to meet these delivery times but during busy periods (including sale) deliveries may take a little longer. Occasionally tech updates to our systems or force majeure events, such as extreme weather conditions, will mean that these delivery services aren’t available, or that order cut-off times need amending and/or delivery times need to be extended. However, we will always work hard to keep these temporary changes to a minimum. ASOS cannot be held liable for any parcels that are lost or stolen as a result of any specific delivery instructions left for the carrier.