HOW TO CLEAN YOUR TRAINERS
By Sam Higgins, 14 March 2017
Buying a new pair of trainers is surely one of life's great pleasures, followed closely by the comfort and familiarity of some satisfyingly worn-in sneaks. But while some kicks only get better with age, becoming old and worn in all the right ways, others lose a little bit of their magic. So, with that in mind, we’ve pulled together a handy video and step-by-step guide to keeping your favourite footwear looking box fresh.
1. Take your dirty trainers, place them on a towel and remove the laces.
2. Fill a bowl with water and some washing-up liquid, stir together and leave the laces in to soak while you clean the trainers.
3. Scoop one tablespoon of laundry powder into another bowl of water and mix using an old toothbrush.
4. Using the soapy brush, scrub the leather to remove the dirt and grime.
5. Then, take a microfibre cloth, dampen it in some water and scrub off any remaining dirt and traces of the soap.
6. Remove the laces from the water, leave to dry – along with the shoes – before re-lacing your trainers to finish.