ASOS GO BEYOND BASIC COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We, ASOS.Com Limited (“We”, “Us” or “ASOS”) have put together some Terms and Conditions to make sure you take part in ASOS Go Beyond Basic Ireland (”AGBBI”) in a creative, fun, legal and socially responsible way. By using one of our online AGBBI design-or-pick portals (“Portals” or “Portal”) and getting involved you are agreeing to abide by the following Terms and Conditions:
• WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? To participate in AGBBI you must (1) be a full time or part time student in higher education in the Republic of Ireland, and (2) have an email address issued by your university or college; and (3) have not previously claimed a student discount code from ASOS.com. If you have previously claimed a student discount code through UNiDAYs, good news! You are still eligible to participate (as long as you also meet the 3 previous criteria).
• GET YOUR T-SHIRT IN A FEW SIMPLE STEPS… To participate, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit www.asos.com/students between 8am on Monday 13th November 2017 to 8am on Monday 11th December 2017 to access the Portal online.
- Step 2: Register as a student with ASOS, by completing the form with your personal details (first name, last name, country you are a student in, primary email address, student email address, expected year of graduation, and whether you are interested in menswear or womenswear). Bonus: doing this will also give you a personal discount code, giving you 10% off full priced product at ASOS. Accept the Terms and Conditions of the discount, and click SUBMIT.
- Step 3: Check your student emails! You will receive an email from Us, sent to your student email address. Click the verification link in the email to confirm that you’re a student and get access to the Design portal.
- Step 4: Either create your own Design (using our online design tool, or by uploading an image), or choose an LE Design to be printed on your free t-shirt. If you choose to create your own design, make sure you read the Design Guidelines and/or the Design Rules below.
- Step 5: Once you are happy with your design or choice, complete the form with the address you would like your t-shirt to be delivered to.
- Step 6: Check your emails again! This time, your personal email address, which is where we will send your 10% student discount code (so you can get shopping while you’re waiting for your t-shirt to arrive).
- Step 7: Keep an eye on the post! You can expect your t-shirt to be delivered to you within 8 weeks.
This section applies to those who wish to create their own Design.
• YOUR DESIGN MUST BE YOURS
You promise that the Design will be your own original creation and will not contain anything that infringes the copyright or other rights of a third party. In other words, you can’t use song lyrics, artwork, photos or anything that you didn’t create (see the Intellectual Property section for more information).
• NO PRIOR PUBLICTION OR AWARDS
Do not upload a Design that has been previously published or won an award or prize.
• DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS
You can upload a photo, illustration, amination – any image as long as it is in a .jpeg file format (“Image”). If the Image has white spaces, they will print transparent so if you want to keep the white, use a slightly off-white tone to make sure it gets printed onto your t-shirt.
The maximum Image dpi is 300 and the maximum Image size is 200mmx268mm.
• DESIGN DON’TS
AGBBI is about expressing yourself, being creative and having fun so let's keep anything that's nasty, harmful, threatening or violent, harassing, abusive, indecent, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, defamatory, discriminatory, sexually explicit, unlawful, profane, untrue, deceitful, or considered to be bullying out of this.
Also, here are a few examples of unacceptable Design content, features or subject matter that will be rejected by ASOS:
- Names or references or images of celebrities, musicians and/or sportspersons
- Language, photos or images which might be naughty or upset people, or Us!
- Other brands (of any kind)
- Anything which conflicts with ASOS’ brand or brand partners as determined by ASOS.
• GET PERMISSION FROM PEOPLE FEAUTRED
If other people are featured in the photo you want to use for your Design, you must ask their permission before you upload the photo and submit your Design. This means you cannot use any photos or images featuring a celebrity, sportsperson or anyone you do not have permission from. This also includes your bestie, boyfriend or girlfriend. After all, you wouldn’t be happy if someone was walking around with a photo of you printed on their t-shirt without your permission!
Note: There are other ‘Design DON’T’s’ in the ‘Third Party Intellectual Property’ section below.
• ASOS’ REJECTION AND DISQUALIFICATION RIGHTS
We vet all Design submitted and reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject any Design We feel is or might be in breach these Terms and Conditions or which might otherwise go against the ASOS brand. We can exercise this right at any time, including before the t-shirt is printed
• THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Any photos, logos, art, text or other artwork (“Content”) featured in the Design must be taken or created by you. Passing off as your own, Content (or anything that can be swiped from the web) that you have not created (or where you do not own the copyright), would infringe or might infringe the rights (e.g. copyright or trademarks) of a third party. This is definitely not allowed.
• YOUR DATA AND HOW WE USE IT
• THE GENERAL LEGAL BITS
Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with AGBBI, (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) ASOS won’t be liable for this.
If AGBBI can’t be run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of AGBBI, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend AGBBI, subject to written directions from a regulatory authority.
Subject to written directions from a regulatory authority, if someone or something tampers with AGBBI in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of ASOS or its agencies, ASOS and its agencies will not be responsible for AGBBI,
In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
By participating in AGBBI, you confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts