ASOS GO BEYOND BASIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We, ASOS.Com Limited (“We”, “Us” or “ASOS”) have put together some Terms and Conditions to make sure you take part in ASOS Go Beyond Basic (”AGBB”) in a creative, fun, legal and socially responsible way. By using one of our online or on-campus AGBB design-or-pick portals (“Portals” or “Portal”) and getting involved you are agreeing to abide by the following Terms and Conditions:
- WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? To participate in AGBB you must (1) be a full time or part time student in higher education in the UK, and (2) have an email address issued by your university or college; and (3) have not previously claimed a student discount code from ASOS.com. If you have previously claimed a student discount code through UNiDAYs, good news! You are still eligible to participate (as long as you also meet the 3 previous criteria).
- GET YOUR T-SHIRT IN A FEW SIMPLE STEPS… There are two ways to participate: either by visiting us on-campus, or online.
- ON CAMPUS
- Step 1: Rock up to our ASOS-branded design hub, where you will find our awesome Portal. We’ll be located at the following campuses:
- Northumbria University: 11th September 2017
- University of Hull: 17th September 2017
- University of Leeds: 18th September 2017
- University of Sussex: 19th September 2017
- Leeds Beckett University: 20th September 2017
- University of the West of England, Bristol: 21st September 2017
- Oxford Brookes University: 22nd September 2017
- Bournemouth University: 23rd September 2017
- Coventry University: 25th September 2017
- The University of Sheffield: 27th September 2017
- University of Liverpool: 28th September 2017
- University of Southampton: 29th September 2017
- University of York: 30th September 2017
- Newcastle University: 2nd October 2017
- University of Cambridge: 3rd October, 2017
- Step 2: Register as a student with ASOS, by completing the form with your personal details (first name, last name, email address, expected graduation year, and whether you are interested in menswear or womenswear). Bonus: doing this will also give you a personal discount code, giving you 10% off full priced product at ASOS.
Read and accept the ASOS account Terms and Conditions: http://www.asos.com/terms-and-conditions/ and the student discount Terms and Conditions: www.asos.com/students and click SUBMIT.
- Step 3: Either create your own design (“Design”) or choose one of ten limited edition designs created by ten amazing illustrators (“LE Design”) to be printed on your free t-shirt. If you choose to create your own design, make sure you read the Design Guidelines and/or the Design Rules below.
Step 3b: If you created your own Design and would like your Design to be entered into the AGBB nationwide Competition (“Competition”), tick the box to enter – see www.asos.com/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-competition/ for Competition Terms and Conditions.
- Step 4: Your t-shirt will be ready for you to collect from the printing station within 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Check your emails! You will receive an email from Us containing your student discount code.
Step 1: Visit www.asos.com/students between 8am on Monday 11th September 2017 to 8am on Monday 9th October 2017 to access the Portal online.
- Step 2: Register as a student with ASOS, by completing the form with your personal details (first name, last name, country you are a student in, primary email address, student email address, expected year of graduation, and whether you are interested in menswear or womenswear). Bonus: doing this will also give you a personal discount code, giving you 10% off full priced product at ASOS. Accept the Terms and Conditions of the discount, and click SUBMIT.
- Step 3: Check your student emails! You will receive an email from Us, sent to your student email address. Click the verification link in the email to confirm that you’re a student and get access to the Design portal.
- Step 4: Either create your own Design (using our online design tool, or by uploading an image), or choose an LE Design to be printed on your free t-shirt. If you choose to create your own design, make sure you read the Design Guidelines and/or the Design Rules below.
- Step 5: Once you are happy with your design or choice, complete the form with the address you would like your t-shirt to be delivered to.
- Step 5b: If you created your own Design and would like your Design to be entered into the Competition, tick the box to enter – see www.asos.com/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-competition/ for Competition Terms and Conditions.
- Step 6: Check your emails again! This time, your personal email address, which is where we will send your 10% student discount code (so you can get shopping while you’re waiting for your t-shirt to arrive).
- Step 7: Keep an eye on the post! You can expect your t-shirt to be delivered to you within 6 weeks.
This section applies to those who wish to create their own Design.
- YOUR DESIGN MUST BE YOURS
You promise that the Design will be your own original creation and will not contain anything that infringes the copyright or other rights of a third party. In other words, you can’t use song lyrics, artwork, photos or anything that you didn’t create (see the Intellectual Property section for more information).
- NO PRIOR PUBLICTION OR AWARDS
Do not upload a Design that has been previously published or won an award or prize.
- DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS
You can upload a photo, illustration, amination – any image as long as it is in a .jpeg file format (“Image”). If the Image has white spaces, they will print transparent so if you want to keep the white, use a slightly off-white tone to make sure it gets printed onto your t-shirt.
The maximum Image dpi is 300 and the maximum Image size is 200mmx268mm.
- DESIGN DON’TS
AGBB is about expressing yourself, being creative and having fun so let's keep anything that's nasty, harmful, threatening or violent, harassing, abusive, indecent, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, defamatory, discriminatory, sexually explicit, unlawful, profane, untrue, deceitful, or considered to be bullying out of this.
Also, here are a few examples of unacceptable Design content, features or subject matter that will be rejected by ASOS:
- Names or references or images of celebrities, musicians and/or sportspersons
- Language, photos or images which might be naughty or upset people, or Us!
- Other brands (of any kind)
- Anything which conflicts with ASOS’ brand or brand partners as determined by ASOS.
- GET PERMISSION FROM PEOPLE FEAUTRED
If other people are featured in the photo you want to use for your Design, you must ask their permission before you upload the photo and submit your Design. This means you cannot use any photos or images featuring a celebrity, sportsperson or anyone you do not have permission from. This also includes your bestie, boyfriend or girlfriend. After all, you wouldn’t be happy if someone was walking around with a photo of you printed on their t-shirt without your permission!
Note: There are other ‘Design DON’T’s’ in the ‘Third Party Intellectual Property’ section below.
- ASOS’ REJECTION AND DISQUALIFICATION RIGHTS
We vet all Design submitted and reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject and/or disqualify any Design We feel is or might be in breach these Terms and Conditions or which might otherwise go against the ASOS brand. We can exercise this right at any time, including before the t-shirt is printed or during the Competition.
- THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Any photos, logos, art, text or other artwork (“Content”) featured in the Design must be taken or created by you. Passing off as your own, Content (or anything that can be swiped from the web) that you have not created (or where you do not own the copyright), would infringe or might infringe the rights (e.g. copyright or trademarks) of a third party. This is definitely not allowed.
- LICENCE OF RIGHTS IN YOUR DESIGN
By submitting your Design and entering the Competition, you automatically grant us a worldwide, a royalty-free, non-exclusive license for a term of 1 year, commencing from the first date of the Promotion Period (see the Competition Terms and Conditions), to display the Design on the Website and in any and all media (including, without limitation, on our social media channels, websites and tangible media) without accreditation or notification. If you would like us to remove the Design after the end of the term of this license, our duty to do so will be limited to those channels still reasonably under our control.
- ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS IN YOUR DESIGN
By submitting your Design into the Competition, you acknowledge and agree that, if you win the Competition, you automatically (upon winning) assign to ASOS absolutely with full title guarantee all of your rights, title and interest in and to the Design. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree that ASOS and its licensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Permitted Parties”) shall have the exclusive right to use and otherwise exploit the Design, and any material based thereon or derived therefrom, together with any other materials, edited or altered as the Permitted Parties see fit, in any manner and in any media (whether now known or hereafter devised), throughout the universe in perpetuity, for advertising, trade, and any other lawful purpose.
If any moral rights or similar right (including, without limitation, droit moral) arise anywhere in the world in respect of the Design, you agree:
I. to waive such rights in ASOS’ favour;
ii. not to assert such rights; and
iii. to exercise such rights against any third party only as ASOS shall request and in accordance with ASOS’ directions.
You also agree to promptly execute and deliver such documents and perform such acts as ASOS may reasonably request for the purposes of confirming or giving full effect to the assignment granted under these Terms and Conditions.
- COMPETITION DETAILS
Enter your Design into the Competition and if it gets the most votes on the Website (and you have complied with the Competition Terms and Conditions), you could win £5000 cash and your t-shirt Design will sold on ASOS! There are also great prizes for runner up Designs (collectively “Prizes”).
The Competition is open only to those who create their Design.
If you wish to enter the Competition , make sure to tick the box on the submission page when you submit your Design. For more details on the Competition, please see the Competition Terms and Conditions here: www.asos.com/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-competition/.
- YOUR DATA AND HOW WE USE IT
- THE GENERAL LEGAL BITS
Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with AGBB , the Competition or the Prizes (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) ASOS won’t be liable for this.
We believe in fair play. Bulk entries and/or votes made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted and we will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own, paying for or unfairly obtaining votes and any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of AGBB or the Competition. If enter the Competition and we have reasonable grounds to suspect you have cheated you will be disqualified and the Prize will be awarded to the next placed compliant entrant.
If AGBB or the Competition can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of AGBB or the Competition , we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend AGBB and the Competition, subject to written directions from a regulatory authority.
Subject to written directions from a regulatory authority, if someone or something tampers with AGBB or the Competition in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of ASOS or its agencies, ASOS and its agencies will not be responsible for AGBB, the Competition, Prizes or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
By participating in AGBB, you confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions. Should you decide to enter the Competition, by entering, you confirm that you have read the Competition Terms and Conditions here: www.asos.com/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-competition/.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts