ASOS Scout Terms and Conditions
Would you like to be the new face of ASOS? Please read these ASOS Scout Terms and Conditions (“Ts&Cs”) to see if you are eligible to model for us, find out how to apply and for more information on the application process. By submitting an application, you confirm that you have read and agree to these Ts&Cs. For the purposes of these Ts&Cs, “ASOS”, “we”, “our” or “us” means ASOS.Com Limited and “you” means the applicant.
ASOS Scout is our exciting new talent recruitment platform, which will give our customers the opportunity to apply to model for ASOS, and us the opportunity to find a wider variety of potential new talent to work with us. We will review the applications received via ASOS Scout and successful applicants will be booked directly by ASOS (not through a model agency) to appear on any or all of ASOS’ media channels including, without limitation, ASOS’ websites, mobile websites and mobile apps; in the ASOS magazine (including digital form); ASOS digital channels or other electronic media; ASOS social media sites (including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, Vine, SnapChat, Pinterest); and on ASOS’ YouTube channel (“ASOS Media”).
We are looking for:
• people who we feel have an ASOS model look;
• people who reflect our diverse customer demographic;
• a variety of looks, sizes and body shapes; and
• real people – our customers who love ASOS.
We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from models with visible and non-visible disabilities.
We don’t need you to have any previous modelling experience, our studio teams are skilled at training models and we have an in-house Model Casting & Booking Team, who will work closely to develop anyone we find via ASOS Scout.
At this stage, we are launching ASOS Scout on a trial basis, and we reserve the right to amend, vary, suspend or permanently decommission ASOS Scout and/or any ASOS Scout page at any time. If ASOS Scout proves to be a success, we may look to launch it indefinitely. Any applications received during the trial period will be formally considered and processed.
ASOS Scout is open to anyone who:
• is aged 17 or over;
• is a resident of the UK;
• is eligible to work in the UK;
• is able to travel to London for work; and
• has no unspent criminal convictions.
Unfortunately, at this point, we cannot accept applications from anyone who does not meet all of the above criteria.
Are you currently signed to a modelling agency? We have excellent relationships with reputable model agencies worldwide, and will continue to book models with them alongside ‘ASOS Scout’ models. If you are signed with a model agency, please ask your model agent to send on your details directly to the Model Casting & Booking Team for consideration.
• We’re sorry but we cannot accept applications from anyone who is under 17.
• If you are 17 years old, your parent or guardian must sign the consent form before you apply and it must be submitted with your application. If your application is successful, we may require the involvement of your parent or guardian throughout the process, including their attendance at bookings.
Proof of age may be requested if you are invited to attend a casting and we will automatically reject any applicant who we discover is under 17, or is 17 but did not provide a signed consent form – so be honest about your age!
• To apply please visit the ASOS Scout page at http://www.asos.com/discover/asos-scout.
• Submit four (4) natural photos and a video of yourself, ensure the first photo is your best. The photos and video must be of you – we will not accept applications made on behalf of others.
• Your photos must be in .jpeg file format and under 5MB in size. The video must be in .mov format and under 20MB in size.
• Complete the other details as requested.
• Read and accept these Ts&Cs.
• Click ‘submit’.
• On submission, you will see an on-screen message confirming receipt of your application and you will receive an email confirmation. Please only submit one application. If you do apply more than once, we will review your first application but any subsequent applications will be deleted.
• Our Model Casting & Booking Team will review the applications we receive via ASOS Scout and we will be in touch to let you know if you have been successful or not.
• We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the date of submission.
• If the images submitted are of an offensive nature then they will be automatically deleted from the system and you will not receive any response from ASOS.
• Our photo shoots take place at our head office in London (United Kingdom) so, if you are successful, you must be able to travel to and from London on a regular basis.
• We will not pay for travel expenses to castings or bookings unless otherwise agreed in advance, on a case by case basis, by the Model Casting & Booking Team.
• If you are successful and we decide to work with you as an ASOS model, you may be asked to participate in publicity and/or other activities relating to the promotion of ASOS Scout at a later date (“Publicity”).
• In connection with any Publicity, we may ask your permission to use the photos you submit as part of your application through ASOS Scout. We will not feature these photos in any Publicity without your permission.
At ASOS, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our ASOS Scout applicants. We understand that although applying to be an ASOS Scout model will mean that your images will be made public, most of the information we will hold about you will still be personal information. We totally respect this and we appreciate how important your privacy is.
If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
For ASOS Scout, the data controller — i.e. the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is ASOS.com Limited.
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
To manage your application and contact you about it.
To offer successful applicants assignments and manage attendance at training events.
We are considering entering into a modelling contract with you, so we need to know who you are and how to contact you.
We ask you to confirm your age when you apply as we will not take on anyone under the age of 17. If you attend a training day with us we will ask you to bring your passport or other form of identification so we can check this.
We are considering entering into a modelling contract with you and if you are 17, we will need you to get your parent or guardian’s consent first.
If you are successful we will register you with our payroll service provider. They will need your date of birth as part of the engagement information.
We are considering entering into a modelling contract with you and will need to take full personal details of successful applicants.
We will ask for a description of your gender but it is up to you whether you want to give us this information. However, please remember that you are supplying us with images and that we will assign a description for successful applicants to help us assign the right person for the image we want to portray.
We are considering entering into a modelling contract with you where image is one of the key factors.
We will hold images and video footage which you have uploaded (or linked to) as part of your application. If you are a successful applicant we will record additional information such as your measurements and any tattoos or piercings.
You may also choose to provide us with your Instagram name which will give us access to other images about you – this is completely voluntary.
We are considering entering into a modelling contract with you where image is one of the key factors.
Where you provide us with your Instagram details, we will use this to view further images of you. It is in our legitimate interest to make decisions about candidates based on all the information you choose to provide.
For successful applicants, we will ask you to provide (or we will record) some information which is considered particularly sensitive.
Any visual health details (such as skin problems)
We are considering entering into a modelling contract with you where image is one of the key factors. However, when we collect this information, we will ask for your explicit consent at that time and we will respect your wishes if you do not want this information recorded.
We may record visual health details so we know what support you might need on assignment (we do not use this information to make decisions about your application – it has no impact on your chance to model for us).
Health Information – we will ask you to let us have details of any medical conditions that we may need to be aware of.
When you visit us or are on location for an assignment we have offered to you, we have legal responsibilities under Health and Safety laws.
Criminal Convictions – we will ask you to confirm that you do not have any criminal convictions before you apply and we may check successful applicants are clear. We need to do this because of the public nature of any images we publish so that we can be prepared for any customer concerns.
We will ask for your consent before we undertake any such checks.
This means your tax, employment status and bank account information and payments made.
If you are successful we will pass your details to our payroll service provider who will set you up with self-employed status. This will involve processing data about you such as
- Your legal name, address, date of birth,
- employment status,
- bank account information, tax details,
- proof of identity and right to work.
This will ensure you can be assigned work and be paid.
Make payments for successful assignments.
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you – you want to be paid!
Fraud prevention and detection.
To prevent and detect fraud against either you or ASOS – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
We keep a history of all engagements offered to successful candidates so that we can make travel arrangements and pay our models.
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
We do not use the information we collect through ASOS Scout for direct marketing. Your application to and participation in ASOS Scout will not affect any marketing contact preferences you have decided on as a customer of ASOS.
We do not, and will not, sell of your personal data to third party. However, any successful applicant will have their images and some personal details such as height and clothing size made public.
In addition, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of engaging successful applicants and managing assignments:
- Companies in the ASOS group, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities (especially licensed ones).
- Companies that do things like booking travel and accommodation, or providing support on location.
- Professional service providers, such as the company that handles onboarding of successful applicants and payments to them.
We do not retain any information or images relating to unsuccessful applicants.
If you are successful, we’ll hold on to your images and information for as long as you model for us and for 12 months after your last assignment with us.
In addition, we will keep hold of some of your information (even after your last assignment with us) where we are required to do so in order to meet legal or regulatory requirements, prevent fraud or enforce our contractual rights.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another organisation
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your Data on file (for max 1 year) so that we can potentially shoot with you in future. We will be in touch if anything suitable comes up. After 1 year we will delete your Data from our systems to ensure your privacy is protected. If you would rather we didn’t keep your Data on file please let us know.
• These Ts&Cs are subject to our website Terms and Conditions at http://www.asos.com/terms-and-conditions/. By submitting an application on ASOS Scout, you are agreeing to these Ts&Cs and our website Terms and Conditions.
• You warrant and represent (promise) that you meet the eligibility requirements set out in the ‘Who can apply’ section of these Ts&Cs and we reserve the right to verify your eligibility at any stage of the ASOS Scout process.
• By submitting an application on ASOS Scout, you agree to release and hold harmless ASOS from and against any and all loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with your application or involvement in the ASOS Scout process (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) statutory duty or otherwise).
• Nothing in these Ts&Cs shall operate to exclude or restrict any party's liability for death or personal injury caused by that party's negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
• ASOS will not be liable for any system failure or malfunction or any consequences (including your application not being submitted for any reason, lost application data, or failure to save application data) thereof beyond its reasonable control, including if someone or something tampers with the ASOS Scout page in some way whether by fraud, technical or IT failures (including in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise or any third party products or actions preventing access to or participation into the promotion), system errors or other issues.
• ASOS will not be responsible for any applications that are not “submitted”, including if there is a delay in the successful submission message being displayed or the confirmation email being received by you. An application will only be deemed to be submitted once you see a successful submission message on your screen.
• In the event of any dispute regarding these Ts&Cs or decisions relating to your application and all other matters relating to ASOS Scout, ASOS’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
• These Ts&Cs are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.