ASOS Scout Terms and Conditions
Would you like to be the new face of ASOS? Please read these ASOS Scout Terms and Conditions (“Ts&Cs”) to see if you are eligible to model for us, find out how to apply and for more information on the application process. By submitting an application, you confirm that you have read and agree to these Ts&Cs. For the purposes of these Ts&Cs, “ASOS”, “we”, “our” or “us” means ASOS.Com Limited and “you” means the applicant.
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ASOS SCOUT?
ASOS Scout is our exciting new talent recruitment platform, which will give our customers the opportunity to apply to model for ASOS, and us the opportunity to find a wider variety of potential new talent to work with us. We will review the applications received via ASOS Scout and successful applicants will be booked directly by ASOS (not through a model agency) to appear on any or all of ASOS’ media channels including, without limitation, ASOS’ websites, mobile websites and mobile apps; in the ASOS magazine (including digital form); ASOS digital channels or other electronic media; ASOS social media sites (including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, Vine, SnapChat, Pinterest); and on ASOS’ YouTube channel (“ASOS Media”).
- WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for:
• people who we feel have an ASOS model look;
• people who reflect our diverse customer demographic;
• a variety of looks, sizes and body shapes; and
• real people – our customers who love ASOS.
We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from models with visible and non-visible disabilities.
We don’t need you to have any previous modelling experience, our studio teams are skilled at training models and we have an in-house Model Casting & Booking Team, who will work closely to develop anyone we find via ASOS Scout.
- HOW LONG IS ASOS SCOUT OPEN FOR?
At this stage, we are launching ASOS Scout on a trial basis, and we reserve the right to amend, vary, suspend or permanently decommission ASOS Scout and/or any ASOS Scout page at any time. If ASOS Scout proves to be a success, we may look to launch it indefinitely. Any applications received during the trial period will be formally considered and processed.
- WHO CAN APPLY?
ASOS Scout is open to anyone who:
• is aged 17 or over;
• is a resident of Europe;
• is eligible to work in the UK;
• is able to travel to London for work; and
• has no unspent criminal convictions.
Unfortunately, at this point, we cannot accept applications from anyone who does not meet all of the criteria in Section D.
Are you currently signed to a modelling agency? We have excellent relationships with reputable model agencies worldwide, and will continue to book models with them alongside ‘ASOS Scout’ models. If you are signed with a model agency, please ask your model agent to send on your details directly to the Model Casting & Booking Team for consideration.
- PARENTAL CONSENT
• We’re sorry but we cannot accept applications from anyone who is under 17.
• If you are 17 years old, your parent or guardian must sign the consent form before you apply and it must be submitted with your application. If your application is successful, we may require the involvement of your parent or guardian throughout the process, including their attendance at bookings.
Proof of age may be requested if you are invited to attend a casting and we will automatically reject any applicant who we discover is under 17, or is 17 but did not provide a signed consent form – so be honest about your age!
- WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
• To apply please visit the ASOS Scout page at http://www.asos.com/discover/asos-scout.
• Submit four (4) natural photos and a video of yourself, ensure the first photo is your best. The photos and video must be of you – we will not accept applications made on behalf of others.
• Your photos must be in .jpeg file format and under 5MB in size. The video must be in .mov format and under 20MB in size.
• Complete the other details as requested.
• Read and accept these Ts&Cs.
• Click ‘submit’.
• On submission, you will see an on-screen message confirming receipt of your application and you will receive an email confirmation. Please only submit one application. If you do apply more than once, we will review your first application but any subsequent applications will be deleted.
• Our Model Casting & Booking Team will review the applications we receive via ASOS Scout and we will be in touch to let you know if you have been successful or not.
• We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the date of submission.
• If the images submitted are of an offensive nature then they will be automatically deleted from the system and you will not receive any response from ASOS.
- SHOOT LOCATION AND TRAVEL
• Our photo shoots take place at our head office in London (United Kingdom) so, if you are successful, you must be able to travel to and from London on a regular basis.
• We will not pay for travel expenses to castings or bookings unless otherwise agreed in advance, on a case by case basis, by the Model Casting & Booking Team.
- ASOS SCOUT PUBLICITY
• If you are successful and we decide to work with you as an ASOS model, you may be asked to participate in publicity and/or other activities relating to the promotion of ASOS Scout at a later date (“Publicity”).
• In connection with any Publicity, we may ask your permission to use the photos you submit as part of your application through ASOS Scout. We will not feature these photos in any Publicity without your permission.
- DATA PROTECTION
• We will use the Data you provide to review your application and for Publicity if you are successful and consent for us to use your Data in this way (see Publicity section above). We will not use your Data for any other purpose.
• If your application is unsuccessful, we will delete your Data from our systems to ensure your privacy is protected.
• These Ts&Cs are subject to our website Terms and Conditions at http://www.asos.com/terms-and-conditions/. By submitting an application on ASOS Scout, you are agreeing to these Ts&Cs and our website Terms and Conditions.
• You warrant and represent (promise) that you meet the eligibility requirements set out in Section D of these Ts&Cs and we reserve the right to verify your eligibility at any stage of the ASOS Scout process.
• By submitting an application on ASOS Scout, you agree to release and hold harmless ASOS from and against any and all loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with your application or involvement in the ASOS Scout process (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) statutory duty or otherwise).
• Nothing in these Ts&Cs shall operate to exclude or restrict any party's liability for death or personal injury caused by that party's negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
• ASOS will not be liable for any system failure or malfunction or any consequences (including your application not being submitted for any reason, lost application data, or failure to save application data) thereof beyond its reasonable control, including if someone or something tampers with the ASOS Scout page in some way whether by fraud, technical or IT failures (including in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise or any third party products or actions preventing access to or participation into the promotion), system errors or other issues.
• ASOS will not be responsible for any applications that are not “submitted”, including if there is a delay in the successful submission message being displayed or the confirmation email being received by you. An application will only be deemed to be submitted once you see a successful submission message on your screen.
• In the event of any dispute regarding these Ts&Cs or decisions relating to your application and all other matters relating to ASOS Scout, ASOS’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
• These Ts&Cs are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.