Product & Stock
What is ASOS' company policy regarding Animal Welfare?
The ASOS Animal Welfare Policy applies to all products sold through any of ASOS's websites, including ASOS Brands, Brands, Outlet and Marketplace traders.
Suppliers must not use the following animal derived materials:
- any part of vulnerable, endangered, exotic or wild-caught species
- fur, including Mongolian lambs' fur or rabbit hair (including angora)
- feather and down*
- bone, horn, shell (including mother of pearl) and teeth*
- mohair and cashmere*
Additionally, we are stocking a limited number of products containing Responsible Down Standard-certified (RDS) down from The North Face, as well as product ranges using vintage and recycled down. Used by brands around the world and developed by an international working group including animal welfare organisations, RDS is a transparent and ethical third-party certification that ensures down does not come from animals that have been subjected to unnecessary harm. As such, RDS fits within our industry-leading animal welfare policy, which remains otherwise unchanged. We’re looking forward to offering our customers a wider range of product in outerwear this Autumn season, and to giving them real choice in which type of insulating material they prefer.
** As of 23rd June 2020, we have not placed any further orders for products containing alpaca wool.
In addition, they must:
- Only source certain types of leather, wool and other animal hair as a by-product of the meat industry from suppliers.
- In accordance with the EU animal testing ban that came into effect on 11th March 2013, brands selling cosmetic products in the EU through any of ASOS' websites must comply with the requirements of EU law.
- Some beauty brands sold through ASOS.com, who also sell their products through other channels, may still be testing on animals if required by local market regulations. ASOS is committed to working with the industry to achieve a worldwide ban on animal testing.
Click here to learn more information about our Animal Welfare Policy.