Payment, Promos & Gift Vouchers
How does Pay Later in 3 with Klarna work?
Pay Later in 3 with Klarna is a payment method that allows you to spread the cost of your order over 3 equal, interest-free, monthly instalments.
Pay Later in 3 with Klarna gives you extra flexibility when paying for your order as you're able to spread the cost through instalments. If you choose to pay using Klarna, please remember to spend responsibly – sometimes, delaying or splitting up payments might not always be the best option. We want you to shop with confidence, so we’ve provided all the info you need below:
Got a question about Klarna?
When can it be used to place an order?
How do you sign up?
What can you do on the Klarna app/ website?
How do you pay using Pay Later in 3 with Klarna?
How does paying off instalments work?
Having trouble paying with Pay Later in 3 with Klarna?
Other info on Klarna
- When placing an order between £25 and £800.
- When placing an order in GBP on our UK website.
- You can have Pay Later in 3 with Klarna orders at the same time. Your eligibility will be checked by Klarna with each order.
- You can't buy ASOS gift vouchers using Klarna. If you have a gift voucher and you're spending more than its balance, you can use it to pay the outstanding amount.
Simply download the Klarna app or sign up on Klarna's website.
- Set up a debit or credit card.
- Make payments on or before the payment due date.
- See past and future payment schedules.
- Check payment status.
- Put payments on hold if there's a problem with your order.
- Contact Klarna to resolve issues.
- When you get to checkout, click ‘change’ under payment type and select ‘Add New Payment Method’.
- Sign up/ log into your Klarna profile.
- Enter your card information.
- Confirm your date of birth.
- Click 'Place order'.
- Confirm the phone number linked to your ASOS account and enter the 6-digit verification code sent to you via SMS.
- Orders are paid for in 3 equal, interest-free, monthly instalments.
- You'll be asked to pay the first of the three instalments once your order has been confirmed at checkout.
- Instalments 2 and 3 will automatically be collected from the debit or credit card you entered at checkout 30 and 60 days later, respectively.
- You'll receive a reminder from Klarna 2 days before each instalment is collected.
- Want to know what happens if you miss a payment? You can find out more on missed Klarna repayments here.
If you have any trouble placing an order with Klarna, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Klarna may have rejected your application to pay on account. We'd recommend choosing another type of payment or placing an order for a smaller amount.
- Klarna may not have been able to check your details using the billing address that you've provided. You'll need to make sure that your billing address is the same address that your bank/credit cards are registered to.
- If it's your first time using Klarna, and you're shipping to a different address to your billing address, the payment may be declined.
- You may have outstanding payments on previous Klarna statements. Once these are paid off, try Pay Later with Klarna again. If you've recently paid off outstanding statements, please allow 24 hours before trying to pay with Klarna again.
- You may have missed a required field at the checkout, such as filling in your Date of Birth.
- Being rejected by Klarna for one payment application does not mean you'll be rejected next time. Likewise, if your application has been accepted for one payment, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be accepted for all future payments.
You'll receive emails from Klarna when payments have been made or missed. Klarna will normally contact you by email but will call your registered phone number if they need to contact you urgently.
Payment information is processed securely by Klarna. No card details are transferred to or held by ASOS.
**Klarna may not always be available at checkout, and we may decide not to offer it based on conditions of use. If Klarna is not available, please use one of the other payment methods we offer.
Just one more thing...
Upon application, Klarna will perform soft searches with credit reference agencies to determine if you are eligible. Pay Later with Klarna credit agreements aren’t regulated by the FCA. This means any missed payments may affect your ability to get credit from Klarna and other lenders as Klarna may also report missed payments to credit reference agencies. 18+, UK residents only. Subject to status. Klarna's T&Cs apply. Find out more info on Klarna here.
Klarna are an independent payment provider and ASOS have no influence over whether your payment will be accepted or not. If you have any trouble placing an order with Pay Later in 3 with Klarna, please contact Klarna Customer Service.