Payment, Promos & Gift Vouchers
How does Pay Later in 3 with Klarna work?
Pay Later in 3 with Klarna is a payment method that allows you to spread the cost of your order over 3 interest- free, equal monthly instalments.
Got a question about Klarna?
Who can use Pay Later in 3 with Klarna?
When can it be used to place an order?
How do you pay using Pay Later in 3 with Klarna?
How does paying off instalments work?
Having trouble paying with Klarna Pay Later in 3?
- Customers over the age of 18.
- Customers with a billing and delivery address registered in the UK.
- Klarna will perform soft searches with credit reference agencies, on application to use the payment method, to determine if you are eligible. These soft searches do not impact your credit file, either at application or if a payment is missed or late, and are only visible to you and Klarna.
Pay Later in 3 gives you extra flexibility when paying for your order as you're able to spread the cost through instalments. If you choose to pay using Pay Later in 3, please remember to spend responsibly – sometimes, delaying or splitting up payments might not always be the best option. We want you to shop with confidence, so we’ve provided all the info you need below.
- When placing an order between £25 and £800.
- When placing an order in GBP on our UK website.
- You can't buy ASOS gift vouchers using Klarna. If you have a gift voucher and you're spending more than its balance, you can pay the outstanding amount using Pay Later in 3 with Klarna.
- When you get to checkout, click ‘change’ under payment type and select ‘Add New Payment Method’.
- Enter your card information.
- Confirm your date of birth.
- Click 'Place order'.
- You'll be asked to confirm the phone number linked to your ASOS account and sent to you via SMS.
- Orders are paid for in 3 interest free, monthly instalments.
- You'll be asked to pay the first of the three instalments once your order has been confirmed at checkout.
- Instalments 2 and 3 will automatically be collected from the debit or credit card you entered at checkout 30 and 60 days later, respectively.
- You'll receive a reminder from Klarna 2 days before each instalment is collected.
- If you miss one of your scheduled instalments and Klarna are unable to automatically withdraw the money from your account 2 days later, you'll be issued with a statement for the full amount due. You can find out more on missed Klarna repayments here.
- If you do not pay for your order on time, you may no longer be able to access Klarna’s payment options for future purchases
- If a payment is late, Klarna will contact you over a period of several months to try and arrange repayment of the outstanding balance. If after a period of several months you have not repaid, Klarna may use a debt collection agency to recover the outstanding balance.
- Klarna may have rejected your application to pay on account. We'd recommend choosing another payment type or placing an order for a smaller amount.
- Klarna may not have been able to check your details using the billing address that you've provided. You'll need to make sure that your billing address is the same address that your bank/credit cards is registered to.
- You may have outstanding payments on previous Klarna purchases. Once these are paid off, try Pay Later in 3 with Klarna again. If you've recently paid off outstanding statements, please allow 24 hours before trying to pay through Klarna again.
- You may have missed a required field at the checkout, such as filling in your Date of Birth.
Can’t decide which Klarna payment option will work best for you? Click here for more information on Klarna.
To find out more about returns paid for using Pay Later in 3 with Klarna, click here.