Payment, Promos & Gift Vouchers
How does Clearpay work?
Clearpay makes your monthly budgeting even easier by letting you spread the cost of your order over 4 interest- free instalments paid every 2 weeks.
Got a question about Clearpay?
- Customers over the age of 18.
- Customers with a billing and delivery address registered in the UK
- Customers who have a valid and verifiable email address and phone number
- Customers who have a UK bank payment card - Visa or Mastercard Debit or Credit Card
- Customers who are capable of entering into a legally binding contract
- Customers who have a verifiable and valid ID
- When placing an order between £25-800. When placing an order in GBP and on our UK website.
- You're unable to buy ASOS Gift vouchers using Clearpay and your order will need to be placed in GBP. However, if you have a gift voucher and you're spending more than its value, you can pay the remaining balance of your order using Clearpay.
- You're unable to purchase Premier Delivery on its own when you pay with Clearpay. If you'd like to purchase Premier Delivery, please ensure your order consists of at least 1 other item.
- When you get to checkout, click ‘change’ under payment type and then ‘Add New Payment Method’.
- You’ll be redirected to the Clearpay portal where you’ll be asked to register with an email address and password. Once you've agreed to the terms and registered you won't need to do it again.
- Make sure your details are correct - Clearpay use this information to keep you up to date on any payments or refunds that are due.
- Please note, if you've paid using Clearpay, you won't be able to cancel your order once you've placed it. If you're not happy with your order when it arrives, please return it. Click here for more information on returning with Clearpay.
TOP TIP: Shopping on the ASOS app? Make sure you update to the latest version.
- You’ll be asked to pay the first of 4 instalments once you’re logged into the Clearpay Portal at checkout.
- Instalments 2, 3 and 4 will automatically be collected from the debit or credit card you selected at checkout every 2 weeks.
- You'll receive a reminder from Clearpay 2 days before each instalment is collected.
- If you miss a payment, Clearypay will send you a text message and email letting you know the automatic payment has failed. If the automatic payment fails, Clearpay will try and collect payment from any other cards you have in your Clearpay account. You'll have until 11pm the next day to make a missed payment before being charged any late fees.
- To pay a missed payment, simply log in to your App or online and click PAY NOW next to your "overdue payment". If you’re worried about making payment, contact Clearpay as soon as possible.
- If your payment is still outstanding, you’ll be charged £6.00 late fee per late payment. Click here to find out more about late fees with Clearpay.
- Clearpay won’t approve any further orders until your account is up to date to help you get back on track.
- You can pay off the balance of your order early with the PAY NOW feature in the Clearpay app.
If you have any trouble placing an order with Clearpay, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Clearpay may have rejected your application to pay on account. We'd recommend choosing another type of payment or placing an order for a smaller amount.
- Clearpay may not have been able to check your details using the billing address that you've provided. You'll need to make sure that your billing address is the same address that your bank/credit cards are registered to.
- You may have outstanding payments on previous Clearpay statements. Once these are paid off, try Clearpay again.
- If you've recently paid off outstanding statements, please allow 24 hours before trying to pay through Clearpay again.
- You may have missed a required field at the checkout, such as filling in your Date of Birth. If you haven't used Clearpay before and you're shipping to a different address to your billing address, the payment may be declined.
Will using Clearpay affect my credit score?
Using Clearpay won’t affect your credit score as payment reference agencies aren’t informed of late or missed payments. Click here to see Clearpay’s responsible spending page.