Payment, Promos & Gift Vouchers
How are VAT and duty charges applied for parcels being sent to Saudi Arabia?
Any parcels going to Saudi Arabia will be liable for a 15% VAT charge from 01 July 2020. To give you the best shopping experience, we’ll cover the 15% VAT charge so that you can continue to shop tax free.
You may still be requested to pay duty charges as these are separate to VAT charges.
For orders to Saudi Arabia under the value of 1000 SAR:
- Any duty charges will be charged once your parcel arrives in the destination country. You'll be contacted by SMS or email by our carrier regarding ID and import clearance charges. If you're requested to pay duty charges, you'll be notified with information on how to pay. ASOS has no control over these charges and we can't tell you what the cost would be, as the duty calculation is handled by our carrier.
- We cannot predict what these charges will be so we'd recommend contacting your local customs office for the latest charges before ordering.
- In the event that you don't agree with duty charges presented to you, please contact the carrier.
- ASOS is not able to pay these charges for you or refund any of these charges.
For orders to Saudi Arabia over the value of 1000 SAR, your parcel will follow a slightly different journey, see below for more info:
- Your order will be held in the UK pending duty and tax payment, before it is shipped to Saudi Arabia.
- You’ll receive an SMS or email from our delivery partner for ID purposes, and with the details of the charges and how to pay.
- You have 7 days to pay the charges, otherwise your order will be returned to our warehouse for a refund.
- We're not able to reship a parcel that has been returned to us, so you'll need to place a new order if you still want the items.
- As soon as payment has been received by the carrier, your parcel will be released for delivery and you'll receive an email with a tracking link.