How are customs charges applied to orders sent to New Zealand?
If you're placing an order for delivery to New Zealand and you're requested to pay customs, you will be contacted directly.
How much will I need to pay for customs?
- GST is included in our prices for customers in New Zealand effective 1 December 2019.
- The Goods and Service Tax legislation was implemented from 1 December 2019, which means that international orders under NZ$1000 will also now be taxable at 15%.
- Where you order goods to the value of NZ$1,000 or more, including where you place multiple orders that are dispatched simultaneously and arrive in New Zealand at or around the same time, you may be liable to pay customs and import tax.
- We cover GST on all orders to New Zealand. This should be managed automatically but if you are charged, please keep proof of payment and get in touch with our customer care team to arrange a refund of these charges.
- Business customers requiring an invoice should contact our Customer Care team with their GST number.
- To avoid any unexpected charges, we'd suggest using New Zealand Customs' online duty estimator here before placing your order.
How long do I have to pay the customs charges?
- You'll be notified of any charges due on your parcel and you'll have 90 days to make the payment. You'll be sent a bank transfer slip which will allow you to pay any charges due either using online banking or over the counter at your local bank.
- As soon as payment has been received, your parcel will be released and shipped to the delivery address you selected at the checkout.
- If payment has not been received after 90 days, the carrier will automatically return the parcel to ASOS and we'll issue a refund for your items once it arrives back at our UK warehouse. We're not able to reship a parcel that has been returned to us, so you'll need to place a new order if you still want the items.