How are customs charges applied for parcels being sent to India?
ASOS has no control over these charges and we can't tell you what the cost would be, as customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country. ASOS is not able to pay these charges for you or refund any of these charges.
- If you’re placing an order for delivery to India using our Express Delivery service then any duty and taxes will be charged once your parcel arrives in India. We cannot predict what these changes will be, so we’d recommend contacting your local customs office for the latest charges before ordering.
- You’ll be contacted by phone to provide 2 forms of ID (Pancard, Adhaar or passport number) prior to the parcel leaving the UK. If the forms of ID have not been provided within 24 hours, our delivery partner will ship the parcel to India and the delivery partner in India will contact you again on arrival.
- You have an additional 24 hours from arrival in country to supply these documents as clearance needs to be completed within 48 hours. After this time, you'll be charged storage costs. Your order will be held for a maximum of 30 days and will then be detained by customs. No refund will be available.
- If you're placing an order for delivery to India using our Standard Delivery service, you'll be notified of any customs charges once our carrier in the UK has received your parcel. They will notify you of the charges before they ship your parcel to India.
- Once you're notified of any charges due on your parcel you'll have 10 days to make the payment. You'll receive an email with a secure link to pay via PayPal.
- As soon as payment has been received by our delivery partner, your parcel will be released and shipped to the delivery address you selected at the checkout.
- If payment has not been received after 10 days, the carrier will automatically return the parcel to ASOS and we'll issue a refund for your items once it arrives back at our UK warehouse. We're not able to reship a parcel that has been returned to us, so you'll need to place a new order if you still want the items.