ASOS GO BEYOND BASIC COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ASOS GO BEYOND BASIC COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
YOU DON’T NEED TO PURCHASE OR PAY ANYTHING TO ENTER OUR PROMOTIONS. IF YOU DO PURCHASE FROM, OR MAKE PAYMENT TO ASOS THIS WON’T INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
What You Need To Know:
We love running promotions for you guys and we want to be as clear as possible on how you enter and the prize is awarded. Please read the nuts and bolts below and if you’ve still got any questions just contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. We know that there are ASOS lovers all around the world, but this promotion is only open to full-time or part-time students at a tertiary institution in Australia, aged 17 or over and, importantly, only those who have created their own design either on campus or online. So that we are completely fair, anyone professionally connected to ASOS or a Participating University who is not a student is not allowed to enter.
2. You don’t have to buy anything to take part in this promotion but you may need internet access.
3. Promotion Period: You can enter this promotion, in two ways, between: 7pm AEDT on Friday 16th February 2018 and 2am AEST Saturday 28th April 2018. During the Promotion Period there will be an Entry Period and a Voting Period, see details below - so keep your eye on that watch!
• Entry Period:
i. On Campus: The relevant Campus Date on which you visit the ASOS Go Beyond Basic design hub or
ii. Online: 7pm AEDT on Friday 16th February 2018 to 2am AEDT on Saturday 17th March 2018.
• Voting Period: Between 7pm AEDT on Monday 9th April 2018 to 2am AEDT on Saturday 28th April 2018 voting will be open to select the best T-Shirt. To vote go to http://www.asos.com/au/discover/students/go-beyond-basic locate the finalist design you would like to vote for, and click “Vote”.You can only vote once during the Voting Period. People who are students but have not yet registered as a student with ASOS will be given the opportunity to do so.
4. To Enter: Entering this promotion is simple; either:
• On Campus:
i. Visit the ASOS Go Beyond Basic design hub, on the Campus Dates detailed below, at the Participating Universities.
ii. Complete the Student Registration form on the iPad provided by ASOS staff at one of our ASOS Go Beyond Basic design hubs. You will need to enter your full name, personal email address, expected graduation year and whether you are interested in menswear or womenswear.
iii. Create your t-shirt design, using the ASOS t-shirt design interface on the large digital screens on the ASOS Go Beyond Basic design hub – remember to read the Design Rules first at www.asos.com/au/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-participant/
iv. When you’ve finished your design, tick the tick box asking if you would like your design to be entered into the promotion, click ‘submit’ and your design will be entered into the promotion and your t-shirt will be sent to the printing station!
v. Your free, custom-printed t-shirt, with your design on, will be ready after a short wait, while stocks last. T&Cs apply, see: http://www.asos.com/au/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-participant/.
vi. You will also receive an email with a unique multi-use code giving you 10% off full price products. Exclusions apply, for full Student Discount Terms and Conditions, please see: www.asos.com/au/students.
Participating Universities and Campus Dates
• University of NSW: 19th of February, 2018
• University of Melbourne: 20th of February, 2018
• Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, City Campus: 222d of February, 2018
• Swinburne University: 26th of February, 2018
• The University of Sydney: 28th of February, 2018
• The University of Sydney: 1st of March, 2018
• Macquaries University: 2nd of March, 2018
i. Visit www.asos.com/au/students and complete and submit the form with your full name, personal email address, student email address, country you are a student in, expected graduation year and whether you are interested in menswear or womenswear.
ii. Click on the verification link in the email sent to your student email address to confirm that you are a current student.
iii. You will then receive an email with your Student Discount Code. Exclusions apply, for full Student Discount Terms and Conditions, please see here: www.asos.com/au/students
iv. You will be directed to the ASOS Beyond Basic design portal where you will have three options – remember to read the Design Rules first www.asos.com/au/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-participant/
1. Use the ASOS design interface to create your own original design, OR
2. Choose from one of ten pre-illustrated designs, OR
3. Upload your own original design from another source.
v. Complete a second form, with your delivery address and postcode to receive an email, which will be sent to your student email address. There will also be a tick box in the form asking if you would like to be entered into the promotion.
vi. You will also receive a free, custom-printed t-shirt with your design on via post, within 10 weeks, while stocks last. T&Cs apply see: www.asos.com/au/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-participant/
vii. If your entry is rejected, we will email you to confirm this and for no other reason unless we have your consent.
5. We at ASOS want you to unleash your creativity but also believe that it is important to respect other people’s creative efforts so you must therefore ensure you comply with the Design Rules, which include the following rules:
• Only submit designs that you have designed yourself;
• Do not upload designs (including your own) that been previously published or won an award or prize; and
• Ensure your design does not contain anything which may infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights.
• See full Design Rules here: www.asos.com/au/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-participant/
6. By submitting your design and entering the promotion you give us a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence for a term of 1 year commencing from the first date of the Promotion Period to display the design on the Promotion Site and in any and all media (including, without limitation, on our social media channels, websites and tangible media) without accreditation or notification. If you would like us to remove the design after the end of the term of this licence, our duty to do so will be limited to those channels still reasonably under our control.
7. By submitting your design into the promotion, you acknowledge and agree that, if you win the promotion you automatically (upon winning) assign to ASOS absolutely with full title guarantee all of your rights, title and interest in and to the design. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree that ASOS and its licensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Permitted Parties”) shall have the exclusive right to use and otherwise exploit the design, and any material based thereon or derived therefrom, together with any other materials, edited or altered as the Permitted Parties see fit, in any manner and in any media (whether now known or hereafter devised), throughout the universe in perpetuity, for advertising, trade, and any other lawful purpose. If any moral rights or similar right (including, without limitation, droit moral) arise anywhere in the world in respect of the design, you agree:
i. to waive such rights in ASOS’ favour;
ii. not to assert such rights; and
iii. to exercise such rights against any third party only as ASOS shall request and in accordance with ASOS’ directions.
8. You also agree to promptly execute and deliver such documents and perform such acts as ASOS may reasonably request for the purposes of confirming or giving full effect to the assignment granted under these terms and conditions.
9. By entering, you agree that your design is your own original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other party. In order to be selected as a verified winner, you will be required to sign a waiver to confirm that the design you submitted into the promotion is your own original work.
10. If your submission is not your own work and we receive a claim from a third party who claims the design is their own, you agree that you will assist ASOS to resolve this matter, and if necessary, satisfy any claims directly with that third party.
11. Sorry, but you may only enter once during the Promotion Period. Entries into the promotion are limited by stocks of t-shirts available to print.
12. The Prizes: Subject to the design and the entrants’ compliance with these terms and conditions and Design Rules, the following prizes will be awarded:
• 1st Place (1 winner):
i. 1x $5000 AUD cash, paid into the winner’s bank account.
ii. The winner’s design will be sent into production and sold on asos.com globally.
• 2nd - 5th Place (4 winners): 1x $1000 AUD cash each, paid into the winners’ bank accounts
• 6th -20th Place (15 winners): 1x $100 ASOS Gift voucher each.
13. Further information on using ASOS Gift Vouchers:
• The gift voucher must be redeemed when placing an order in GBP.
• The winner will receive an individual gift voucher code via email to register it to their ASOS account as credit. An ASOS account will need to be set up to use the gift voucher (if the winner hasn’t done this already).
• Unless otherwise limited or prohibited by law, the gift voucher will have its own expiry date of 24 months from the date of issue. The expiry date will be made clear when the voucher is sent to the winner.
• Gift vouchers can be used as part or full payment against eligible items on the ASOS websites (this does not include ASOS Marketplace or the purchase of other ASOS gift vouchers).
• Unless otherwise required by law, no cash refunds will be given but any balance remaining on the gift voucher is locked to the winner’s account and can be used against future purchases.
• For ASOS gift card T&Cs, click the link below and navigate to ‘Gift Vouchers and Promo Codes’: www.asos.com/au/terms-and-conditions
• For information on using gift vouchers, visit: http://www.asos.com/au/customer-service/customer-care/help/?help=/app/home
14. Shortlist Selection: All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by three ASOS marketing and retail employees plus an independent promotional verification service based on the criteria below:
• Originality of your design;
• Creativity of your design; and
• Commercial appeal of your design (how well it would sell).
We will select up to 200 entries by Monday 23rd March to go through to the final round of the promotion and the entrants will be notified on Monday 9th April that they have been chosen.
These entries will then be displayed along with the entrant’s full name in a finalists’ gallery on the Promotion Site where the public can vote for the design they like the best. All finalist designs will be displayed for the duration of the Voting Period and the design with the most votes wins, so ask your friends and family to get voting! By entering the promotion, you agree to having your design and full name displayed on the finalists’ gallery on http://www.asos.com/discover/students/go-beyond-basic the Voting Period.
15. Winner Selection: The winners will be selected depending on the number of votes a design receives. The design with the most votes will be the 1st place winner, 2nd place will be awarded to the next design with the most votes and so on to 20th place. Notwithstanding the number of votes a design has received, each design and entrant must have fully complied with these terms and conditions in order to be eligible for a prize. If we determine that any of the top 20 designs or entrants have not complied with these terms and conditions, the entrant will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to the next placed compliant entrant. If there is a tie with any of the designs where they have the same number of votes these entries will be entered into a random draw, conducted by an independent promotional verification service, to determine the higher placed winner.
16. Contacting the Winners: We’ll contact the winners via an email within 15 working days after the Voting Period ends. If you are one of our lucky winners, you must respond to us within 28 days otherwise the prize will be awarded to the next placed compliant entrant.
17. Moderation: We will reject and/or remove at any time (without judging), including during the Voting Period, entries which in our reasonable opinion:
a. Contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by us or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of ASOS or any brand partner;
b. Include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
c. Defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to ASOS (including its partners);
d. Promotes any political agenda;
e. Contains religious images or references; and/or
f. Otherwise breaches the Design Rules www.asos.com/au/discover/marketing-terms-and-conditions/go-beyond-basic-participant/
18. Verification: After the Voting Period, ASOS may carry out verification checks to ensure the winners have fully complied with these terms and conditions before awarding the prizes. As part of the verification process, you may be required to provide evidence of how you (or your friends and family) promoted your design.
19. If you are one of our lucky winners, we’ll try and send you the prize as soon as we can - and within no more than 28 days from acceptance of the prize.
20. We’re sorry but you can’t transfer a prize to someone else or exchange it for something else or a cash alternative.
21. If, for reasons we can’t control, the prize is no longer available, we’ll offer you an alternative prize which we hope you’ll still love but which will definitely be of equal or greater value!
The Legals and Other Bits
No one likes the small print, but we need to let you know about some other important stuff too and make you feel comfortable that we run our promotions properly, fairly (and legally!):
23. We believe in fair play. Bulk entries and/or votes made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted and we will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own, paying for or unfairly obtaining votes and any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the promotion. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect you have cheated you will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to the next placed compliant entrant.
24. Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with the promotion or prize itself (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) ASOS won’t be liable for this.
25. If this promotion can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of this promotion, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to written directions from a regulatory authority.
26. Subject to written directions from a regulatory authority, if someone or something tampers with this promotion in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of ASOS or its agencies, ASOS and its agencies will not be responsible for the promotion, prize or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
27. In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
28. By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
29. If you want to know who won, you can email email@example.com within two months of the end of the Promotion Period quoting “ASOS Go Beyond Basic AUS Competition WL” in the subject title.
30. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Promoter: ASOS.com Limited, Greater London House, Hampstead Road, London NW1 7FB England