Versatile, cool, and actually good at keeping the sun out of your eyes, there's a lot to love about the Wayfarer. But here's five more things before you go huntin' for your new favourites:
1. When they were designed by Ray-Ban in 1956, the non-metal frames were considered revolutionary.
2. Wayfarers are considered to be one of the great design classics of the 20th Century, so there you go.
3. The frames dipped in out an out of fashion, finding fans in the 50s, 60s, 80s and today, when they are very, very cool.
4. The frames got a massive boost when Ray-Ban signed a product placement deals for films and TV in the 80s, 90s and 00s.
5. They are one of the few sunnies that allow you to look good while peering flirtatiously over the top.