Starting tonight at 9pm on Sky Atlantic, this is a brutal tale of two Louisiana detectives on the trail of a seriously evil killer (Ed: aren't they all?). This is as dark as TV gets, and with belting performances from McConaughey and Harrelson, it's guaranteed to hook you from the start. Seriously, this is the kind tense telly that makes you stand up and do a nervous little dance whenever they go into some shady looking barn or something. Here's some need to know info you need to know now, yeah?
1. The killer takes some inspiration from a terrifying 19th century book of short stories called The King in Yellow. Maximum shivers.
2. This is writer/creator Nic Pizzolatto's first TV gig. Unsurprisingly, he's now pretty busy.
3. Harrelson and McConaughey will only appear in one series. Two new
detective will appear in series two.
4. There is all sorts of crazy occult symbolism in the show, so keep your eyes peeled, and a hiding cushion handy. Things are about to get weird.
5. The show's title theme is 'Far From Any Road' by The Handsome Family, and it is a sinister, brilliant earworm. Do you see a theme emerging? This show is creepy.