Luckily for you, our trusty in-house hair stylist has whipped up this quick guide to doing slick, smart hair the party friendly way.
1. First up, hair doesn't need to be washed for this. Even if you have naturally wavy or curly hair.
2. Apply a thickening mousse. Then comb it back or towards the desired direction.
3. Keep combing but blow dry whilst doing so with the same comb or brush.
4. Use a pomade (that's wax or a soft hair clay in normal speak) to set the style. Add some hairspray.
5. Keep the hairline clean. Shave off any fuzzy bits by the neck or below the ears. Now you are ready to roll. Maybe don't use that line though.