ASOS PAYPAL HOLIDAY PRIZE DRAW – FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
What You Need To Know:
We love running promotions for you guys and we want to be as clear as possible on how you enter and the prize is drawn. Please read the nuts and bolts below and if you’ve still got any questions just contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1. We know that there are ASOS lovers all around the world, but this promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom, who are aged 18 or over. So that we are completely fair, anyone professionally connected to ASOS or PayPal are not allowed to enter.
- 2. You will need to make a purchase to take part in this promotion, have a valid PayPal account and have access to the internet. You will also need to be able to travel from 27th July 2017 to 1st August 2017.
- 3. Promotion Period: You can enter this promotion between 00.01 BST on 22nd May 2017 and 23.59 BST on 18th June 2017 - so keep your eye on that watch!
- 4. To Enter: Entering this promotion is simple; just purchase an item of any amount at www.asos.com and pay using your PayPal account to be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- 5. You may enter as many times on www.asos.com during the Promotion Period. Each valid transaction using Paypal will receive 1 entry into the prize draw.
- 6. The Prizes:
- a. Main Prize: 1 winner will win 1x trip to a music Festival in Croatia between 27th -31st July 2017, for themselves and a friend.
- b. Runner-up Tier 1 Prizes: 4 winners (one winner each week of the Promotion Period) will each win one (1) of the ASOS summer gift packs listed for the week they won. Winners will be able to choose between the ASOS Womenswear summer gift pack OR the ASOS Menswear summer gift pack, each valued up to £150. The ASOS summer gift packs will contain the following products, subject to availability:
Week 1 & 2 – Womenswear
- • 1x Missguided Transparent Glitter Bum Bag
- • 1x ASOS Statement Tassel Jewel Chandelier Earrings
- • 1x ASOS TREASURED Leather Chunky Strappy Sandals
- • 1x ASOS 90s Round Sunglasses with Metal Bridge High Bar & Flat Lens
Week 1 & 2 - Menswear
- • 1x ASOS Reversible Bucket Hat in Tropical Print
- • 1x ASOS Bum Bag in Black Mesh
- • 1x Infruition Infuser Water Bottle in Coral
- • 1x Urbanears Headphones
Week 3 & 4 - Womenswear
- • 1x ASOS Suede Bum Bag
- • 1x ASOS Cat Eye Sunglasses with Cut Away Frame In Marble Acetate Transfer
- • 1x ASOS Statement Watermelon Drop Earrings
- • 1x KG by Kurt Geiger Melba Slide Sandals
- • 1x Peachy iPhone 6/6S/7 cover
Week 3 & 4 - Menswear
- • 1x Black & Blum Water Bottle in Large
- • 1x ASOS Bum Bag in Purple with Patch
- • 1x Jeepers Peepers Round Sunglasses
- • 1x ASOS Vintage Baseball Cap in Pink Camo
- • 1x Fresh N Rebel Caps Wireless Headphones in Red
Unfortunately the Prizes are non-refundable and no cash alternative is available.
c. Runner-up Tier 1 Prizes: 4 winners will each win 1x £100 ASOS Gift voucher
7. Further Main Prize Details and Conditions:
- a. The Prize includes:
- i. 2x return economy flights from the winner’s closest major international airport in mainland United Kingdom to Split, Croatia (flying to Split, Croatia on the 27th July 2017 and returning to winner’s closest international airport in mainland United Kingdom on 1st August 2017); with 1x piece of checked luggage per person
- ii. 2x tickets to a music Festival in Tisno, Croatia between 27th -31st July 2017;
- iii. Return transfers from Split to the festival site in Tisno;
- iv. 5 nights’ festival glamping for the winner and their guest in a preassembled tent (27th – 31st July 2017);
- v. 2x tickets to a festival boat party during stay;
- vi. £250 spending money;
- vii. Travel insurance for the winner and their guest;
- b. The winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older at the date of departure; if the winner’s guest is under 18, parental or guardian consent permission is required;
- c. The winner and their guest must travel together in both directions;
- d. Flights may be indirect and not all routings will be available;
- e. All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip;
- f. Flight and festival tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable;
- g. The winner and their guest must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage;
- h. Once flight tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights, dates and times shown. Name changes to the flight seats once confirmed are not permitted;
- i. If a flight booking is cancelled by the winner, no alternative tickets will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided;
- j. Lounge passes and upgrades are not permitted; Flights cannot be used in conjunction with Promoter`s loyalty programme, any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s) or special offer;
- k. Frequent Flyer points cannot be accrued on the flight tickets. An upgrade cannot be purchased on these tickets with cash or Frequent Flyer points;
- l. Flight extras are not included in the prize (flight extras include, but are not limited to, on-board meals and drinks);
- m. The winner and their guest will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas or travel insurance are the responsibility of the winner and their guest;
- n. Glamping accommodation is based on two adults sharing one preassembled tent
- o. Travel insurance will be supplied for each winner and their guest before departure with no pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance is subject to restrictions and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical conditions and/or for any additional costs as may be specified where the winner and/or their guest are aged 85 or over/ Insurance is not provided as part of the Prize. It will be the winner’s and (if applicable) their guest's responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to the Prize provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law the Promoter shall have no liability to the Winner in relation to any Prize, its fitness for purposes, merchantability or otherwise;
- p. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include any costs or extras that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs; and
- q. The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guest whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or guest from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or the winner and/or guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in p any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
- r. The prize provider is Element London Ltd.
- 8. Further information on using ASOS Gift Vouchers:
- a. You will receive an individual gift voucher code via email to register to your ASOS account as credit. An ASOS account will need to be set up to use the gift voucher (if you haven’t done this already).
- b. Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 24 months of being issued.
- c. Gift vouchers can be used as part or full payment against eligible items on the ASOS websites (this does not include ASOS Marketplace or the purchase of other ASOS gift vouchers).
- d. No cash refunds will be given but any balance remaining on your gift voucher is locked to your account and can be used against future purchases.
- e. For more information, visit http://www.asos.com/help/pgehtml.aspx?cid=17989&CTARef=Header|Help and type “Gift Vouchers” into the search bar.
- f. For our terms and conditions for using gift vouchers, visit www.asos.com/terms-and-conditions/?asosPop=true&setPrefSite=true&xAffId=12493&r=1&mk=na and click on the “Gift Vouchers, Gift Cards, Promo Codes & ASOS A-LIST Vouchers” section.
- 9. Winner Selection: So that you know we’ve selected our winners fairly from all the valid entries we receive, the random draw will be carried out by an independent promotional verification service and will take place within 2 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- 10. Contacting the winners: We’ll contact the winners via the email address linked to their ASOS account within 2 days after the draw. If you are one of our lucky winners, you must respond to us within 7 days otherwise the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner.
- 11. If you are one of our lucky Runner Up Prize winners, we’ll try and send you the prize as soon as we can - and within no more than 28 days from acceptance of the prize.
- 12. Sorry but you can’t transfer a prize to someone else or exchange it for a cash alternative.
- 13. If, for reasons we can’t control, the prize is no longer available, we’ll offer you an alternative prize which we hope you’ll still love but which will definitely be of equal or greater value.
- The Legals and Other Bits
- No one likes the small print, but we need to let you know about some other important stuff too and make you feel comfortable that we run our promotions properly, fairly (and legally!):
- 15. We believe in fair play. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted and we will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own and any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the promotion. If you’re found to be cheating, you will be excluded.
- 16. Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with the prize draw or prize itself (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) ASOS won’t be liable for this.
- 17. If this promotion can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of this promotion, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend the promotion.
- 18. If someone or something tampers with this promotion in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of ASOS or its agencies, ASOS and its agencies will not be responsible for the Promotion, prize or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- 19. In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
- 20. By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
- 21. If you want to know who won, you can email email@example.com within two months of the end of the Promotion Period quoting “ASOS PayPal Holiday Prize Draw WL UK” in the subject title.
- 22. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Promoter: ASOS.com Limited, Greater London House, Hampstead Road, London NW1 7FB England
For the purposes of this Exhibit A, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Element London Limited.
Data that we will be processing.
For overseas travel we require the following details for all travellers some of whom may be under 16:
• Full name;
• Date of birth;
• Email and telephone number(s); and
• Dietary or other requirements.
Passport details are not required by us however they will generally be given to us by the traveller in order to complete a booking.
During the fulfilment of non-travel prizes only the winners name, address and telephone number are likely to be required.
This data will be provided by the individual winners who will be made aware of the reasons for providing it and who we are passing it on to e.g. airline/hotel.
Any health matters which may require disclosure when arranging travel insurance will be discussed between our appointed insurance provider and the individual’s concerned. We are unable to provide insurance for non UK nationals. We will not get involved with passport/visa/ESTA applications where they are required beyond directing winners to the relevant website or issuing authority.
Organisations that will have access to the data.
Data will be used by airlines and hotels that we contract to fulfil the prize. We use upwards of 30 carriers and it is not practicable to enter into contractual relationships with each one or to restrict ourselves to using those carriers prepared to enter into an agreement including requirements around privacy of customer data. For operational reasons we restrict ourselves to using only airlines based in the EEA together with certain other major airlines who will have an acceptable data protection policy albeit unenforceable. Hotels will only require the name of the lead passenger and dietary or other requirements of the travelling party. Providers of airport transfers and excursions will generally only require the lead passenger’s name and telephone number.
Winner will be contacted and details requested by email or letter. Passport details are transcribed directly into airlines’ and other sub-contractors’ booking systems and apart from the name of the lead passenger no further processing of this data is carried out. Emails are purged every 6 – 9 months subject to client requirements. Any written communication is destroyed after the trip is completed.
Data held in email is stored locally on password protected PC’s which connect to MS exchange on an encrypted SSL connection. This is a hosted application maintained in the UK running on MS Exchange 2010 service pack 3. All servers are patched and maintained on a monthly basis
Other data is kept logically separated on a password protected on-site server accessible by the winner management team and IT administrator. Cloud backup is encrypted and hosted in the US. Backup provider has access to the file structure only.
Data for a particular client’s data subjects will be logically separated from other user data we may hold.
Access to data.
The company’s dedicated prize winner management team maintain data logically separated from other company data. Access is password (at least 8 characters upper/lowercase + at least 1 numeric/other character) protected and stored as:
a) Excel database recording surname of winner + internally generated financial information used for financial and other reporting; and
b) Word document in a separate folder on the fileserver containing full name and address of winner and full names of travellers used for the preparation of travel documents that are provided to the winners, auditors and regulatory bodies on request.
Hard copy of data.
Hard copy confirmations by sub-contractors of bookings we have made on behalf of winners form part of the accounting records of the company and will be retained on-site. These will include the full name of data subjects and very rarely their date of birth. These will be kept for 6 – 7 years and then shredded and disposed with other commercial waste.
We are not presently, or in the process of becoming, ISO27001 compliant.