Other country sites
Your Recent Searches
Removed from your bag...
Your bag is empty
Free Shipping Worldwide*
*MORE INFO HERE
Back to article list
Back to Home
You might have spotted the hashtag #normcore on your feeds over the past few days, after New York Magazine wrote a piece about it, but are you down with what it actually means? Here's your simple, five-point round-up.
1. Basically, it's a trend. The name was coined by New York trend-forecasting collective K-Hole as a way of talking about being cool by blending in.
2. In terms of fashion, it's a reaction to peacock style—the look-at-me street style stars who dress up to get noticed.
3. Basically normcore is 2014's version of hipster chic—it's the ultimate anti-fashion trend for cool kids. And it's all about looking hyper-normal (hence the name).
4. Essential pieces include ill-fitting jeans and tops, fleeces, turtle necks, orthopedic-looking shoes and sandals with white sports socks, baseball caps and round, wire-rimmed glasses.
5. Normcore poster boys and girls: Dev Hynes, up-and-coming music stars like Denai Moore, Jerry Seinfeld, a tourist or, maybe, your aunt.
Main picture, AmyLombard.com
More fashion news ›