Kristen Stewart’s latest Balenciaga campaign just oozes high-fashion, aspirational goodness. Combining the timeless appeal of monochrome, implied nudity and the actress’ signature pout, the French fashion house has us frothing over their latest beauty campaign—not to mention the new season update on Florabotanica, Rosabotanica, which is finally in stores. Now, we can’t guarantee those cheekbones (or a role in a multi-million dollar vampire franchise!) but here’s a little make-up know-how for the weekend, inspired by Stewart’s smokin’ steez.
1. It doesn’t matter whether your hair is freshly washed or drifting towards oil territory. Fix your mane into a low bun, and with the help of a comb, loosely tease your hair’s top. Remember: untamed, soft baby strands are your friends, as eyes, not hair, are this look’s focus.
2. Prep your skin with a matte foundation, BB cream and/ or translucent powder. Try to avoid a dewy, high-shine base (even though that look was all over the runway at fashion month) and subtly contour with a light bronzer or a powder that’s darker than your natural skin tone.
3. Use an illuminator (or, editor's trick: Vaseline/ clear lip gloss) under your brows to give ‘em strength and depth. Then, dust over your brows with a brown eyeshadow, following their natural shape. And don’t worry about plucking—tweezers are so two thousand and late.
4. To achieve an original smoky eye, experiment with a palette of bronzes, coppers and golds instead of traditional black and grey go-tos. This will create a nice contrast with your eye’s natural colour. Also, glitter.
6. Finish your look with a spot of nude gloss. Pout. Take a selfie.