Anyone else craving a London getaway? From Fashion Week catwalks to the BAFTA awards, it’s all happening that side of the equator! The best we’re going to get—for now, anyway—is a little beauty know-how, inspired by British film and TV’s night-of-nights. Cate Blanchett, Angelina Jolie, and Uma Thurman all opted for a fresh peach pout, statement eyes and sprinkles of sparkle on the red carpet, and we’re not gonna lie… we want in! Here’s a quick how-to, in less time than it takes to make a toastie.
1. Prime your skin before you apply foundation, so your skin stays matte for longer. If you don’t have a primer, moisturizer or sorbelene cream will do the job.
2. Apply foundation and concealer as light/ heavy as you are comfortable with. Everyone has an opinion on which should go first—but ultimately, the choice is yours! Finish with powder for maximum matte goodness, like Aussie legend (and BAFTAs best actress!) Cate Blanchett.
3. Dust your cheeks with a very light layer of blush or bronzer.
4. Apply a statement shadow – in a champagne or more smoky shade – above your lids.
5. Use black mascara and eyeliner to accentuate your peepers, à la Angelina Jolie.
6. Opt for a light pink, peach or pale orange gloss... and pucker up!
7. Done! And, bonus step while we’re here: make the whites of your eyes Tinseltown-bright with—drumroll, please—trusty eye drops! That’s a strict industry secret though, so shhh…