Dakota Fanning, by the time she was a pre-teen, was more famous than we’ll ever be. We can’t help that, but what we can do is offer you a snappy guide to getting her cord braids, as seen at the Dallas Chanel show. You win some, you lose some. And, this? This is definitely a win:
1. Draw a straight center part.
2. On each side, divide the hair into two clusters, fixing both into a twist.
3. Wrap both strands around each other on top of your head. Stick down with bobby pins.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. Fix with hairspray, and… done! Your turn.