Dakota Fanning, by the time she was a pre-teen, was more famous than we’ll ever be. We can’t help that, but what we can do is offer you a snappy guide to getting her cord braids, as seen at the Dallas Chanel show. You win some, you lose some. And, this? This is definitely a win:
1. Draw a straight center part.
2. On each side, divide the hair into two clusters, fixing both into a twist.
3. Wrap both strands around each other on top of your head. Stick down with bobby pins.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. Fix with hairspray, and… done! Your turn.
Pictures: Getty, ASOS/Nina Faulhaber